Sunday, August 22, 2004

Michael Phelps' blog in Athens.

I've just discovered that Michael Phelps kept a blog in Athens. The following is it:


August 15, 2004
Thank you for your support

First of all, I would like to thank everyone in Baltimore for his or her support. I am very excited to have this chance to share with you a little bit about my life as an Olympian.

It was exciting to get my first gold medal. That was a huge relief. Now, I can look forward to my other events.

I'm resting a lot between races, and listening to whatever Bob Bowman says. He's really strict with my schedule.

I am staying with the rest of the U.S. swim team and am very lucky to share a room with team captain Lenny Krayzelburg. I have always looked up to Lenny, and we have been having a great time.

On our down time, we usually play video games or watch movies.

The atmosphere is amazing, and the energy has been pushing me to perform better than I have ever before.

-----------------------------------------
August 19, 2004
Keeping busy

Sorry I haven't checked in lately, but the last few days have been pretty busy. I'm having a lot of fun here at the Athens Olympics, and having the time of my life. I'm just trying to stay focused, and stay rested. The 800 freestyle relay Wednesday night was amazing. That took a lot of emotion out of me.
-----------------------------------------

Also, there has been a million speculations about Michael Phelps' status. I have NO IDEA if he is attached or not so let's all pray he doesn't.

-Rubbish Cleaner, MPC-